It happens to all of us: being late for work, making a mistake or missing a deadline.
Of course, it’s always possible to take the high road and assume our responsibilities.
The alternative? Using this hilarious excuse generator: Cop-out.
Here is out Top 10 of the best excuses we found:
- The most realistic: My dog ate my notebook.
- The sexiest: Leonardo Di Caprio called me to Netflix & Chill last night.
- The sneakiest: It’s not a bug, it’s a feature. (To be fine-tuned based on the context, for instance: it’s not a typo, it’s a pun. / It’s not a glitch, it’s a visual effect.)
- The boldest: I was there earlier, you just didn’t notice me.
- The most arrogant: This project was done a week ago. But it was too good for this world and I decided to start over. You will get it tomorrow.
- The dumbest: When I woke up, I somehow thought today was Sunday.
- The riskiest: Someone changed my email password and I could not get your message or access your details.
- The most WTF: A man broke into my house last night and threatened to commit suicide. He turned out to have a split-personality, so it was considered a hostage situation. There was a lot of fuss: police, ambulance, everything! I can’t believe you didn’t hear about it!
- The cutest: My cat needed some love and I could not leave him.
Want some more? Generate excuses — or create your own — at Copout.me.