Yesterday, Facebook announced some very interesting new utility features, allowing users and Pages to get more value of their respective communities.
Indeed, users will now be able to:
- Get Recommendations from their Facebook friends by automatically allowing them to make suggestions, display those on a map and save all ideas in one place.
- Discover local Events, thanks to a brand new dashboard recommending events that might be interesting for them.
Most importantly, Facebook Pages will now be able to offer advanced possibilities to their fans, including:
- Order food through services such as Delivery.com and Slide — great for restaurants.
- Request an appointment via MyTime — ideal for local businesses such as spas and salons.
- Get a quote for professional services — perfect for plumbers and lawyers alike.
- Buy tickets through Ticketmaster and Eventbrite — particularly useful for movie theaters and event organizers.
As TechCrunch Journalist Josh Constine puts it:
“Facebook wants you to participate in your community, not just talk about it (…)”
This is great news for Social Media Managers and brands all over the world 😉