As Social Media Managers, we have plenty of opportunities to user color combinations, for instance to:
- Make a visually appealing post.
- Convey a particular emotion, according to the Psychology of Color in branding & marketing.
- Find nuanced shades of an existing color scheme.
- Pick a color that works well with a specific Instagram filter.
- Choose a color combination to stand out with a punctual action, such as a contest or an event.
There are many tools out there that help us play around and find color combinations based on the principles of the Color Theory.
The best one we have found — and been using — so far is Adobe Kuler.
With an intuitive interface, the platform allows you to build color combinations according to seven different color rules: Analogous, Monochromatic, Triad, Complementary, Compound, Shades and of course Custom.
You can even create a color scheme from a picture:
All of the above, for FREE.
Over to you!