Just the once, we are bending the rules and suggesting not one but two long reads.
With the F8 around the corner, we handpicked articles highlighting how powerful Facebook is — and will become — or what we like to call “The Facebook Supremacy”.
On the one hand, by analyzing more than 60K articles from 7 major media companies, Naytev found that Facebook amounted to 92% of social shares.
In this article titled Facebook is king, other networks fight for scraps, you will learn:
- The methodology behind this study.
- More findings, graphically represented.
- How the face of media will change in the next few years.
On the other hand, Quartz’s senior Silicon Valley correspondent Alice Truong explains how — and why — Facebook has transformed into a platform of platforms.
This high-level analysis helps understand:
- How Facebook envisions Oculus & Messenger (hint: as platforms).
- Why Facebook is working on recruiting their next billion of users.
- What Mark Zuckerberg is really trying to achieve.
Enjoy your reads!
*About Loomly Toolkit Long Reads: every other week, we select a third-party, long-form article addressing a major topic related to social media and bring it to you. In a nutshell, our team curates smart content, so you don’t have to.