Last week, Mark Zuckerberg updated Facebook’s original mission — from “Making the world more open and connected” to “Give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together.” — and announced five new features for Facebook Group Admins.
This actually makes sense, when you know that there are more than 100 million Facebook Group Admins in the world, with more than one billion members belonging to these groups!
Facebook Groups are going to get even more powerful, with these five new features:
- Group Insights (similar to Page Insights).
- Membership request filtering (saving time to accept or decline new members joining groups).
- Removed members clean-up (one-step removal of bad actors and all of their content).
- Scheduled posts (which you could already do from Loomly).
- Group-to-group linking (building relationships between groups).
If you are a Facebook Group Admin, you can learn more about these new features here in Facebook Newsroom.
What’s in it for Social Media Managers: as Facebook Groups get more powerful, they also become more attractive options to build and manage communities on the side of your main brand Page, for instance for support or localization purposes.