The 2016 Summer Olympics generated more than 1.5 billion interactions on Facebook, according to Mashable.
Additionnally, Social Times reports the following facts:
- The post that tallied the most likes was Cristiano Ronaldo congratulating Usain Bolt.
- The “loudest” country on Facebook was Brazil…
- … while India was the country who most used Facebook’s Olympics temporary profile picture frames (through Gameface).
- The moment that generated the most Love reactions was the photo of Zac Efron & Simone Biles (see above)…
- … whereas the athlete who generated the most interactions (August 5-22) was Michael Phelps.
- The American swimmer also broadcasted the most popular Live video of the competition, when he confirmed he was retiring.
- Last but not least, swimming was also the most popular event.